Cat is Rescued from a Freak Lightning Sparked House Fire

catoxygen

Last Wednesday morning a fire broke out unexpectedly in a Jacksonville home. A woman and her two children got out of the house quickly upon recognition of the fire. However, when the Jacksonville Fire Department responded to the call, the family cat was still inside the house. Thankfully the firefighters were able to retrieve the cat from the home and give it oxygen with a pet oxygen mask to ensure the cat wouldn’t suffer the effects of smoke inhalation.

The fire was caused by something quite rare. A lightning strike that sent a nearby tree falling and caused an electrical charge that traveled from the roots of the tree to the home’s external air conditioning unit. The charge then traveled into the electrical system of the home and caused a fire.

The woman living in the home said she rushed her children outside when the fire broke out but she couldn’t find the cat. She was brought to tears by the dramatic rescue that saved her cat and returned it to her.



Add Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Violinist Finds a Way to Hold Her Kitten and Practice at the Same Time
New Vermont Cafe has Coffee and Cats
Why This Woman Got Banned from a Park for Feeding Cats
There is Evidence of Cats Mimicking Human Behavior
10 Things You Didn’t Know about the Foldex Cat
20 Things You Didn’t Know About the Brazilian Shorthair
Five Cat Breeds That Behave as “Guard Cats”
20 Things You Didn’t Know About the Aegean Cat
Scientists May Have Found a Way To Get Your Cat to Pay Attention to You
What To do If Your Cat Just Ate a Ribbon
Do Cats Hibernate in the Winter?
Here’s What to Do If Your Cat Sucks On Blankets
Should You Give Your Cat Chlorpheniramine?
Can Cats Eat Cheese?
Can Cats Eat Turkey?
Science Says Most People are Unwittingly Putting Their Cats at Risk