Five Cat Foods You Should Be Giving Your Cat

Household Pets Become Latest Victims Of Foreclosure Crisis

For those who don’t know any better and only know from pop culture, cats can’t necessarily live on milk and fish alone. Felines have a little more to their diet than just salmon and milk, after all. One thing cats need a lot of compared to humans and even dogs is that they require taurine, which is an amino acid only found in animal-based protein. Therefore, cats need a lot of meat and protein in their cat foods and diets to meet their nutritional standards.

Here are five cat foods you should be giving your cat:

1. Nature’s Variety Instinct Canned Chicken Formula

Aside from being a healthier alternative to dry food, this cat food is grain free as well as gluten free. It’s made of 95% chicken meat and liver, with the remaining 5% being vegetables, fruits and other healthy ingredients.

2. EVO Turkey and Chicken Dry Cat and Kitten Food

Rated one of the best dry foods ever, this cat food uses real, high-quality meats and not cheap by-products to fill it. The company boasts about how they are designed based on how cats eat in the wild. It contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives either.

3. Blue Buffalo Wild Delights Canned Chicken and Turkey

The whole Blue Buffalo line, both wet and dry foods, are highly rated because of how much they ensure only the healthiest ingredients that go in it. Grain and gluten free, it’s as close to eating as if it were in the wild without actually being in that situation.

4. Wellness CORE Grain-Free Original

Aside from being made of natural ingredients and high-quality meats, this cat food also contains probiotics to aid digestion in felines. It also includes salmon and flaxseed oils, which contain important fatty acids.

5. Orijen Dry Adult Cat and Kitten Food

This high-quality brand uses fresh meat that is never frozen, and is sourced locally in Canada. It’s preservative free and contains no artificial ingredients, grains or by-products.

(Photo by David Paul Morris/Getty Images)

Add Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Oregon Non-Profit Saves Cat Stuck in Rat Trap
More and More Insect Protein is Being Used in Cat Food
Neighborhood Comes Together to Save Cat in a Tree
New Study Wants to Know if Cats Feel Empathy
Five Cat Breeds That are the Most Playful
Five Cat Breeds That Shed the Least
The Five Calmest Cat Breeds
10 Things You Didn’t Know About The Arabian Mau
Why Your Cat Waits for You Outside the Bathroom
The Reason Ancient Egyptians Were Obsessed with Cats
The Reason Why Cats Have Belly “Pouches”
Five Tips To Make Your Indoor Cat Happier
How to Tell If Your Cat Has Worms and What to Do
How Long Can Most Cats Live?
Can Cats Eat Pumpkin Seeds?
Can Cats Eat Mayonnaise?