Cats are usually free-roaming creatures, whether it’s roaming outside in your backyard or even just around the house. Sometimes, it can be a royal pain to get your cat from point A to point B, especially when it comes to traveling even short distances. Whether it is taking a trip on a plane or a road trip or even just a visit to the vet, it’s important to have a good and sturdy cat carrier handy. There are a bunch on the market with many opinions from pet owners and critics alike. Everyone has a different preference on their cat carriers, but there are a handful of well- known brands that you will find time and time again.
Here are five cat carrier companies you are likely to come across on your search:
1. Sherpa – This brand was the leader in the transition from clunky, chunky cat carriers to those that are comfortable and convenient. Sherpa’s original carrier continues to rate high on carrier lists.
2. Petmate – These carriers are all about easy access for your kitty, with both top and front loading doors for your cat to get in and out of. They are primarily plastic-made carriers, but they are very sturdy and durable.
3. Bergan – Making safety a priority for your feline, Bergan pet carriers focus on making the pet-carrying experience safe (Bergans are very sturdy) as well as comfortable while traveling – for both you and your pet.
4. Oxgord – Known for their well-made carriers, this brand is a high-seller in soft-sided, comfortable pet carriers.
5. Ware – These carriers are highly popular, but their universal complaint is that they are too small for an average-sized feline.
Photo Source: Petco