Cats have an amazing way of making your day even just a little bit brighter. In fact, after having a cat for a while, you’ll notice that aspects of your personality have changed – often for the better! There are many things that our cats can teach us, and many of those lessons are about ourselves. It’s amazing the power that our feline friends have on us.
Here are five ways cats can change your personality:
1. You find yourself appreciating having fun a lot more. Chances are you probably had a lot of fun before you even had your cats, but the difference is that having fun is more apparent to you now. Whether it’s playing with your cat or just spending quality time with them, they really know how to bring out your playful side and make you laugh.
2. They help you to become more patient. Many of us constantly need to be up and about doing things. Most cats have a more relaxed way of being, especially when they decide to make themselves comfortable on your lap at the exact moment you want to do about a million things. They help you take a moment and realize that you could probably afford to take a minute to slow down.
3. You learn to be less selfish. There are no bones about it: cats can be a lot of work. They require a lot of attention and care, like remembering to feed them and clean their litter box.
4. They make you find joy in the simplest or silliest of things. Cats can find entertainment and fun in the most simple of things, like a ball of yarn or a bottle cap. When you’re around their presence for a long period of time, they tend to rub off on you and help you see things through their ears.
5. They help you to love more completely. Cats really lead by example and they have so much love in them – especially for you – that you can’t help but return the love and love them so much yourself.
(Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)