If you have a cat, you know all too well how they love to sleep and scratch. Scratching is one of the things that felines love to do in their past time. Unfortunately, this not so nice hobby of cats leaves their owners with scratched up furniture and tore up couches. Most of the time the living area of the house is covered with scratches; something that no one wants to happen. Scratching is an unstoppable habit of cats. In order to prevent any damage or scratch marks in your furniture and living room, giving your feline a scratching board or a cat pole is your best option. A scratcher or a cat pole will give your kitty the freedom to scratch all they want and anytime of the day without damaging anything in the house.
Today we will learn how to make a cat scratching board from a cardboard. This DIY project is easy to do and the materials are also eco-friendly and not hard to find. Below is a list of material you need and the instructions. You can also watch the video below on how to make a DIY cardboard cat scratching board.
Materials you need:
1 Shoe box lid (top)
Box cutter or a scissors
- First, measure the length and width of the shoe box lid.
- Then mark the cardboard according to the measurements you got.
- Cut the cardboard in a rectangular shape.
- Repeat step number 3 until you have the amount of cut out cardboard that you need.
- Glue the cut out cardboards together. You can glue two pieces of cardboards at a time or three pieces if you like.
- Place it in the box until it is filled and place it in the living room or somewhere that your cat likes to hang out.
This DIY cat scratchboard is very cost effective and safe for the environment as well. So if you have cats and you have cardboard boxes lying around the house, why not try making this scratchboard? It’s a great way to keep your furniture scratch-free, your cat busy and recycle cardboard boxes instead of throwing it.
Image via YouTube.com