We’re going to admit a big secret: we LOVE our cats! Although that probably isn’t really a secret, the fact that we would do anything for them might be – especially if that ‘anything’ actually means throwing them a birthday party. Before you deny it, it’s nothing to be ashamed about. I mean, why not?! Many cat-owners – pet owners, in general – have thrown their kitty cat a party of some sort and it’s not uncommon these days. Some of these cats have more of a social life than we do! If you or a friend is throwing your furry friend a party, here are some useful tips you’ll need to know on throwing them a party:
– Pick a special date. Whether it’s the date of its actual birth or the day you adopted it, it gives the party a little more of a purpose, which is half of the fun!
– Make sure to take safety precautions. Safety comes first in anything you do with a cat and a party is no exception. Make sure you have first aid kit items as well as the number to your veterinarian handy.
– Don’t invite strangers – to your cat or otherwise. It’s not a good idea to introduce your cat to an unfamiliar pet at this event. Be sure to include animals whom your pet is friendly and familiar with.
– Invite fun people! This one needs no other explanation, other than what’s a party without other people around?! Invite a couple of your friends as well as your friends who are cat-owners. Also, don’t forget the cats themselves!
– Serve natural, good eats treats to your cat and the others. One great treat for cats: catnip. Cats crave the stuff, and even with one whiff can turn into silly, silly little beings – which is PERFECT for a party.
– Don’t forget water. Clean, fresh water should be available onhand for all of your pet guests.