In these upcoming hot summer months, it’s very important to keep your cat hydrated with fresh, clean water. While your cat may already have a water bowl, it might be a good time to get them a cat water fountain instead. After all, instead of continuously switching out the water in order to keep it fresh, your cat can just help itself to fresh water all day long. You may think it’s a ridiculous luxury item for a feline, but think again! Cats need to drink plenty of water to keep their kidneys healthy and easy, running water helps in having them drink more water. If you’re not familiar with cat water fountains, fear not – we have the 411 for you!
Here are a few possible cat water fountain options:
– Drinkwell 360 Cat Fountain: This fountain allows for cats to sip at any angle and is ideal for multi-cat households. Its five different spouts allow for the changing of amount of water streams that come from the fountain.
– Petco Automatic Water Fountain: This black and white fountain will catch your cat’s eye with its waterfall feature, ensuring one happy and hydrated kitty.
– Petmate Fresh Flow Pet Fountain: For under $40, you can get a fountain that holds almost two quarts of water that is filtered and circulated to uphold maximum freshness.
– Catit Design Fresh & Clear Cat Drinking Fountain: The tall fountain is the ideal design for cats since they don’t have to bend and strain their necks to reach water. Its under $35 price tag isn’t too shabby either!
– Pioneer Pet Drinking Stainless Steel Raindrop Fountain: Not only is it easy to clean, it is bacteria resistant, hygienic and has a large capacity to hold enough water for more than one cat.
Photo by Tom Hindman/Getty Images