When we think of cats, most of us automatically think of adorable little beings of the furry kind. After all, that’s why they are the best to cuddle and snuggle with! While majority of felines are quite furry and fuzzy, there are also those cats that are practically just skin and bones – with hardly any hair on their body at all! Some are hairless cats, some have a slight fuzz to them and some are even the most wrinkly creatures you’ll probably ever lay your eyes on.
Here are five of the oddest breeds of hairless cats:
1. Sphynx – While it may seem like they are a relatively new breed, these guys have been around for quite some time. They are the most famous hairless cat breed in the world and also have quite the impressive amount of wrinkles on their bodies.
2. Bambino – A cross between the the Munchkin and Sphynx, these adorable nude kitties have short, stumpy legs – which make them and their name the most awesome thing ever!
3. Ukrainian Levkoy – Hailing from the shores of the Ukraine, this droopy-eared naked-looking kitty’s name is thought to have derived from the Levkoy plant that has leaves that are practically carbon copies of this feline’s ears.
4. Elf Cat – It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s an… Elf Cat? These felines, a hybrid of the American Curl and the Sphynx, have some pretty gnarly ears that curl back, contributing to their elvish look.
5. Donskoy – This breed tends to get confused with the Sphynx all the time, but while they both look ridiculously similar to one another, they are definitely different in terms of their genetic makeup.
Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images